Gluten-free tabbouleh is a tasty spin on the traditional Mediterranean dish that you can enjoy even if you cannot have bulgar wheat.
Tabouli is a salad that comes from Lebanese culture and usually consists of cracked wheat, tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil. It was one of my favorite Mediterranean foods to have before I had to go gluten-free due to my thyroid condition. So now when I make it I use the gluten-free grain quinoa instead.
I like making this recipe mostly in the summer when cucumbers and Jersey tomatoes are in season. Quinoa is a great addition to this salad since it adds a good amount of fiber and protein to your meal. A cooked one-cup serving has about 8 grams of protein and 5.5 grams of fiber.
Equpment Used in this Recipe*
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Paring knife
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Gluten Free Tabbouleh with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup filtered water
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped into pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Rinse quinoa until the water runs clear. Place the quinoa in a medium pot, add water, and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered until quinoa is tender and all water has been absorbed around 15 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl place the parsley, dill, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, mix together, and then set aside.
- Take the quinoa out of the fridge and add it to the salad ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl place the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and blend together.
Tabbouleah Salad Directions
- Top the tabbouleh salad with the dressing, cover, and shake until well mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
*Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
More Salad Recipes
- Watermelon Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Beetroot Salad with Lupini Beans
- Peach Spinach Salad
- Healthy Pea Salad with Dill Dressing
- Garlic Cucumber Salad with Cannellini Beans
- Prosciutto Salad with Arugula and Pears
Get recipes delivered right to your inbox
Get Our Recipes Days Before We Post them on Social!
Want to be the first to get our new recipes?
Subscribe to our email newsletter for exclusive access to the recipes days BEFORE they are posted on our social pages!
You will also get our FREE Meal Planning Cheat Sheet when you subscribe.
Click the button below to sign up!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.