Spice up your pancakes with pumpkin this fall. Make your weekend breakfast more nutritious with a dash of pumpkin this season. Learn how to make these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes in the recipe below
Ingredients Needed to Make Pumpkin Pancakes
The following ingredients are used to make these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes:
- Pumpkin puree
- Gluten-free flour
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Coconut milk
- Sea salt (optional)
How to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Once you gather all your ingredients there are just a few steps to making these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes.
First, you want to grab a medium mixing bowl and mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt) and mix well then set it aside.
Next in a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla extract), mix well and set aside.
To finish the pumpkin pancake batter you need to mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
Place a cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot (about 10 minutes). Add coconut oil to the skillet. Once the coconut oil is melted coat the pan evenly with the oil.
Once the oil is on the pan the pancakes are ready to be made. Add a 1/2 cup of pancake batter to the skillet and flatten out with a spoon or spatula. Cook until you start to see bubble form in the pancake. This tells you it’s ready to be flipped. Turn the pancake over, cook until golden brown, and take off the skillet.
Repeat until all the batter is used. Top the pancakes with a little melted coconut oil and maple syrup or your favorite fruit. Then serve!
Equipment Used in This Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Glass Measuring Cups
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Silicone Spatula
- Metal frying spatula
- Metal spatula
- Cast-iron skillet
*Some of these links are affiliate links, which means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups Gluten free flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1 pinch Sea salt (optional)
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl place the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt) and mix well then set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place, the wet ingredients (pumpkin, vanilla extract, eggs, coconut milk) mix well and then set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. Then set the bowl aside.
- Put a cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot (about 10 minutes). Add coconut oil to the skillet. Once the coconut oil is melted coat the pan evenly with the oil.
- Place 1/2 cup of pancake batter into the skillet. Smooth out with a spoon or spatula. Let it cook until you see bubbles start to form. This shows the pancake is cooked on one side. Flip it over and cook the other side until it is golden brown. Then take it off the skillet.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve with your favorite fruit or maple syrup.
*Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Check Out More Breakfast Recipes
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Want to be the first to get our new recipes? Be sure to subscribe to The Radiant Root’s email newsletter. Sign up at the “Free Meal Planning Cheat Sheet” link -> FREE Meal Planning Cheat Sheet.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.