Ginger sweet potato soup is a great way to warm you up. Winter is a great time to make some yummy seasonal soups. For an extra immunity boost, I will add some veggies to my spices. One of my favorites is ginger. This tangy root is added to sweet potatoes for a sweet and tasty soup that will warm you up and comfort you when it’s cold outside.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite veggies and I am always looking for new ways to cook them. This recipe has a zingy zip from ginger paired with vegetable broth, onions, and carrots.
How To Make This Recipe
I am one of those people who likes to throw everything into a pot and let it cook. With this soup, it’s pretty easy to do and can make in a few steps. After prepping the veggies place them into a big pot. In this recipe, I used a Le Creuset pot.
It’s great for making soups and stews that I need room for blending.
Add the water and cook on medium heat until veggies are soft.
Add vegetable broth to the pot and continue to cook.
Add the ginger to the pot and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Using an immersion blender blend until all vegetables are blended. I used a hand immersion blender in this recipe. If you don’t have an immersion blender the best thing you can do is ladle a few spoonfuls of soup into a regular blender or food processor and blend.
Ways To Save Time With On This Recipe
One way to save time with this recipe is to get pre-prepped veggies. You can also use a food processor to chop the onions, celery, and ginger.
Equipment Used in this Recipe*
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Ginger Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cup filtered water
- 2 lb Sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into pieces (about 2 large)
- 2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped into pieces
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Place the sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, and onions in a large pot.
- Add the water then cook on low until soft about 10 minutes
- Add the vegetable broth.
- Add the ginger and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender blend until all vegetables are blended
- Top with cinnamon for a naturally sweet taste (optional) and serve
- Shredded Beet and Carrot Salad
- Beetroot and Cucumber Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Creamy Garlic Purple Sweet Potato Salad
- Roasted Purple Cauliflower Steaks
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.