Equipment Used in this Recipe*
Here is a list of equipment or similar items used in this purple sweet potato soup.
- Large pot with lid
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Garlic peeler
- Vegetable peeler
- Garlic press
- Immersion blender
*Some of these links are affiliate links, which means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Purple Sweet Potato Soup with Cauliflower
- 2 lb purple sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 lb frozen cauliflower thawed
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and pressed
- 6-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Then chop each into small pieces about 1" cube and set aside
- Place a large pot with a lid on the medium heat and add the onion. Let saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, water, cover and cook until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower then cover with 7 cups of broth. Bring to a boil and lower heat then continue to cook until veggies are soft and tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Once the veggies are cooked soft take an immersion hand blender and blend the mixture until the veggies are all pureed. If too thick you can add more broth to thin out the soup. Continue to blend until the soup is at a desired consistency.
*Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Have you tried Purple Sweet Potato Soup with Cauliflower? We love hearing from you and want to see your creation! Please leave a comment below or share a picture of your recipe and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
More Soup Recipes
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
Get Our Recipes Days Before We Post them on Social!
Want to be the first to get our new recipes?
Subscribe to our email newsletter for exclusive access to the recipes days BEFORE they are posted on our social pages!
You will also get our FREE Meal Planning Cheat Sheet when you subscribe.
Click the button below to sign up!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.