Equipment Used in this Recipe*
- Large pot with lid
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Garlic peeler
- Vegetable peeler
- Garlic press
- Immersion blender
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Purple Sweet Potato Soup with Cauliflower
- 2 lb purple sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1" cubes
- 1 lb frozen cauliflower thawed
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and pressed
- 6-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Then chop each into small pieces about 1" cube and set aside
- Place a large pot with a lid on the medium heat and add the onion. Let saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, water, cover and cook until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower then cover with 7 cups of broth. Bring to a boil and lower heat then continue to cook until veggies are soft and tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Once the veggies are cooked soft take an immersion hand blender and blend the mixture until the veggies are all pureed. If too thick you can add more broth to thin out the soup. Continue to blend until the soup is at a desired consistency.
Like this recipe? Add it to your collection with Yummly. This website and the mobile app put every recipe in the world in your pocket. It’s your digital recipe box, recipe recommendations just for you, and a smart shopping list – all with you wherever you go! Add it with just a click of the button below!
More Soup Recipes
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.