Chickpea guacamole is an easy and veggie dip that adds some protein to your regular guacamole recipe thanks to the addition of chickpeas.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Avocados offer a good dose of healthy fat and essential vitamins and minerals like potassium and magnesium. The recipe also packs a punch of fiber and protein with the addition of chickpeas.
Ingredients Used in this Recipe
This recipe is similar to a regular guacamole recipe with one additional ingredient: chickpeas. This will make your guacamole a bit more filling. It features just five ingredients:
- Lime juice
- Red onion
Sometimes guacamole recipes will heat up the flavor with the addition of jalapeno. I personally have an issue with some peppers so I leave out this ingredient. I find even just the addition of red onion and cilantro make it really flavorful.
How to Make Chickpea Gucamole
To get creamy guacamole you need to use a food processor or blender in this recipe. First, you want to blend the chickpeas until they are almost like a paste. Then add the avocados and blend until creamy. Then add the red onion, cilantro, and lime juice blending each ingredient individually. The whole blending process takes about 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
Equipment Used in this Recipe*
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 cup low sodium canned organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 red onion peeled and diced
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor and blend until they turn into crumbs (about 12 seconds).
- Add the avocado to the chickpeas in the food processor until the avocado has a creamy consistency (about 1 minute and 15 seconds).
- Add the red onion to the food processor and blend (about 21 seconds).
- Add the cilantro and blend (about 24 seconds).
- Take the lid off the blender and push the avocado mixture off the sides of the food processor down into the mixture with a spatula.
- Add the lime juice and blend (about 26 seconds).
- Scrap the guacamole out of the food processor into a dish and serve with your favorite veggies or gluten free chips.
- Place any leftover guacamole in a sealable container and refrigerate for up to a week.
More Dip Recipes
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen, or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.