Get a dose of healthy fats with this creamy avocado coleslaw featuring a garlic-lime dressing that is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten and dairy-free
Ingredients in this Recipe
- Lime juice
- Green cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Extra virgin olive oil
The combination of carrots, red, and green cabbage makes for a colorful and flavorful salad. Avocado is a great way to make a healthy creamy dressing.
How to Make This Recipe
For this recipe, I used a sharp chef’s knife to chop the red and green cabbage into chunks small enough to fit into the food processor to shred the carrots and cabbage. The food processor also was needed to make the avocado dressing.
To make a creamy avocado coleslaw you want to use a ripe avocado. Even with ripe avocado, you may need to blend it first to get that real creamy texture. Then blend in the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic until everything is well blended. Put the dressing on the side.
In a large mixing bowl place the red cabbage, green cabbage, and carrots. Then top with the avocado dressing and blend well together.
One tip that will make the avocado coleslaw more flavorful is refrigerating it overnight. So if you have time be sure to keep it in the fridge for as long as you can to marinate the flavor.
Equipment Used in this Recipe*
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
- 1 large avocado halved, peeled, and pitted
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 2 cup green cabbage chopped
- 3 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 cup carrots shredded (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor place the avocado and blend for about 16 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Take off the lid of the food processor and scrape down the side of the bowl. Blend for another 35 seconds and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl add the red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, top with the avocodo dressing, and mix together.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight for best flavor. Then serve.
More Coleslaw Recipes
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.