Like sweet potatoes? What about potato salad? Have you ever had sweet potato salad (no mayo)? I had bought some sweet potatoes and was experimenting with ways to make new potato salad. What I came up with was a yummy dish using cilantro, cumin, and chili powder, and no mayo!
Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Ingredients Used in this Recipe
This recipe combines the following:
- Sweet potatotes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chili powder
- Lime juice
Equipment Used In This Recipe*
*Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Cilantro Chili Lime Sweet Potato Salad (No Mayo)
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes washed, dry, and sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- A sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- With a sharp knife slice off the ends of each sweet potato.
- Peel each potato and cut it into round slices.
- Place the potato slices in a pot and cover with water.
- Boil the potatoes for 18 – 25 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork or knife.
- Drain the potatoes in a strainer and place in a large bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and the paprika, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, lime, and mash all the ingredients together.
- Add in the cilantro and mix
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the potato salad (optional)
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minute and serve
- Spinach and Zucchini Garlic Lime
- Prosciutto Salad with Arugula and Pears
- Kale Sweet Potato Hash
- Baked Acorn Squash Slices with Cinnamon
- Grilled Endives with Dill & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen, or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.