Sauteed butternut squash is an easy recipe to make if you’re looking for a quick veggie recipe. This butternut squash is one of my favorite veggies of the fall season is butternut squash. It has a sweet flavor that pairs well with greens like arugula, kale, and spinach.
In this recipe, I sauteed butternut squash with arugula and my favorite spices garlic, parsley, and basil. If you are strapped for time you can always opt to use frozen butternut squash.
Ingredients in this Recipe
This recipe contains just five ingredients: arugula, parsley, basil, butternut squash, and garlic. For this recipe, I used frozen butternut squash, but you can also use fresh squash. If you use fresh butternut squash you need to peel and chop it into about 1-inch pieces.
Equipment Used in this Recipe
Garlicky Sauteed Butternut Squash and Arugula
- 2 cups thawed frozen butternut squash (can also use peeled can cubed fresh squash)
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and pressed
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the butternut squash and stir in olive oil.
- Stir in garlic. Cook until the butternut squash until soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add the parsley and basil.
- Continue to saute for about 5 minutes mixing well.
- Mix in the arugula and cook until it turns dark green (about 5 minutes). Let cool and serve.
More Vegetable Recipes
- Grilled Endives with Dill & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated Sweet Potatoes Snacks
- Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic
- “Cheesy” Asparagus
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.