Looking for an easy red cabbage stir fry? Try this garlic-infused side dish featuring garlic parsley, butternut squash, and coconut oil.
This sauteed butternut squash is an easy recipe that will taste great and take no time at all.
When choosing veggies I like to stick with ones that are in season. Then I will experiment with all types of seasonings and veggies. This week I took some butternut squash I had on hand. I paired it with cabbage with garlic, parsley, onion, and basil to create a scrumptious dish.
Equipment Used in this Recipe*
Here is a list of equipment or similar items used in this red cabbage stir fry recipe.
- Sauté pan
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Garlic Peeler
- Garlic Press
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring spoons
- Pairing knife
*Some of these links are affiliate links, which means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Garlic Parslied Red Cabbage Stir Fry with Butternut Squash
- 3 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cup frozen butternut squash cubes thawed
- 2 tbsp cold or expeller pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- In a large frying pan place on medium heat add the onion and saute for 2 minutes stirring the onions.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds.
- Stir in the chopped cabbage and cook for about a minute.
- Add the olive oil, parsley, and basil. Cook for a minute and 10 seconds stirring well.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook for about a minute.
- Cover and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking continuously stirring for about a minute.
- Cover and cook for another minute and a half.
- Uncover and cook for one minute or until the cabbage is soft. Let cool and serve.
*Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links, this means when you sign up or purchase from these links we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. The Radiant Root is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Learn more in our disclosure statement.
Have you tried Red Cabbage Stir Fry? We love hearing from you and want to see your creation! Please leave a comment below or share a picture of your recipe and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
More Sauté and Stir Fry Recipes
Get Recipes Delivered to Your Inbox
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. All website services, content, and products are shared for informational purposes only. The Radiant Root and Jnettk LLC cannot provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your doctor or healthcare provider before making changes to your, diet, supplement regimen or lifestyle. Learn more in our disclaimer.